Although research, writing, pre-litigation, advocacy and consulting services are provided to individual teachers, students, and parents nationwide, most clients are Massachusetts residents involved in what they believe to be illegal actions taken by an employer pursuant to a wrongful employment termination.
Wrongful employment terminations are extremely complex and, therefore, require a great deal of analysis and identification of facts in order to determine (a) whether a viable "case" exists pursuant to the recovery of damages, and (b) the identification of viable strategies and resources that might be utilized to pursue any such recovery.
With regard to this analysis, the following are some factors often evaluated:
- the existence of psychological abuse in the workplace;
- the existence of violent behavior in the workplace;
- the existence of intentional abuse on the part of superiors;
- the existence of incompetence on the part of superiors;
- the existence of discriminatory practices in the workplace;
- the existence of multiple abusers working in concert ("mobbing");
- the existence of fabrication in bad performance evaluations; and
- the existence of due process violations.
These facts, weighed appropriately given the applicable statutory and case law in your jurisdiction, will dictate the viability of your case.
The depth and extend of evaluation will be determined in advance of any assignment so that that you know exactly what services and costs to expect. Many clients are pleasantly surprised to learn that this "screening" phase does not have to be overly burdensome or expensive and does not create an obligation for further costs. On the other hand, a client can save a substantial time and money by integrating the results into their formal legal action if and as legal counsel is hired to litigate alleged wrongdoing and claims for damages.
Prospective clients should prepare a one-page synopsis and forward it to Mr. Pepi. The information will be immediately review and a preliminary phone conference will be scheduled at no cost or obligation.